Monday, October 21, 2013

Jim Drews Invite

We were off to Jim Drews invite at Maple Grove Golf Course in La Crosse on Saturday October 19th, 2013.  We had high expectations coming into the meet & it was time to run fast.  We want to get after it and show what we can do.  When the gun went off, it was a rough start, I had to try to get out of the slump and was stuck in the first mile.  As the raced progressed, finally to start passing people, I was almost feeling a stomach cramp, but still stayed tough through the race.  I had one of my teammates help me out because I was struggling & was able to get back with my teammate, started to feel confident & positive the whole way.  About a 2 or 3k to go, start to progress & passing people.  With less than an 1k to go, I went for it & passed some people, when close to the finish, I kicked as hard as I could.  Once I crossed the finish line, my time was 28:26, still not a PR, but happy that my time went down, & I got the 2nd to last spot for the WIAC conference team, I was soo happy plus excited.  After all I had to go through with the iron deficiency, not running normal/ slower race times & taking iron for the last 9-10 months & getting back into my normal running & racing well, I'm finally get to race one of the best conferences in DIII Nation: WIAC Conference Championship.  That was one of my goals this season & I got it.  Overall as a team from this meet, we didn't do soo hot, we were 13th out of 30 teams, which means we need to look at ourselves & see what needs to be done.  We know what we are capable of, basically the season hasn't really started.  The season starts once we get to the Conference Championship: Step 1 of 3 of road to Nationals.  I am looking forward to it, it's going to be an exciting one.  I think as a team with this week & next week of training, I think we will be ready, just have our minds in the right place, if we can do that, we can still hit our goals/expectations & I believe we can.        

No comments:

Post a Comment