Wednesday, December 31, 2014

2014 Year Recap (Runner Edition) Part 1

Well 2014 is definitely a year to remember, I graduated from an amazing University (UW-Platteville), walked on in the Spring and finish my internship this past Summer, and was able to run my last indoor and outdoor seasons with my fellow Pioneer Track & Field teammates.  One of my breakout races for my last season of track was definitely the 10k- Outdoor, I knew coming in I wanted to hit a lifetime PR, it was an unbelievable race, I felt really good, ended up running 33:21, dropping a little over 2 minutes, the iron helped me significantly and the training paid off.  I am sure going to miss competing on track and being with my awesome teammates, they mean so much to me. My biggest race of the year was my first Half-Marathon this last November, where I was very close of hitting my goal, that was to break 80 minutes, ended up with 1:21.49 despite of the chilly conditions, placed 14th overall in the Madison Half Marathon, overall very pleased and happy with the result.  My goal for 2015 for my Half-Marathon is to break 80 minutes and that I'm capable of reaching.  Hit big miles this winter and do some good strength work in order for that to happen.  Yes 2014 was a very good year for running, 2015 will be even better, as you are trying to achieve your goals, always go after greatness.  











No comments:

Post a Comment