Monday, May 1, 2017

Recap of Crazy Legs Classic

Well I have to say it was a great Crazy Legs Classic 8k race.  Coming in to this race I wanted at least better than last year.  This year I was running in the A wave when the previous year I was racing in the B wave.  That time I was in sort of decent shape but this year I knew I was capable running in the A wave and able to run a fast time.  Well the race started off fast when I was going 5:20 first mile, I knew we were cooking it from the start.  As the race was progressing was started to slow down a bit but able to stay in pace.  At around 3rd mile was at around 16:30 or so I knew I have a good chance of racing a good time.  The last few miles was tough but was able to hang on.  When I got to Camp Randall to the finish I saw the time and I was really thrilled.  My final time was 27:43, average pace was 5:35, not bad of a 8k road race time with the mileage I've done so far this year and the difference of my strength & conditioning.  I feel now as I train for my upcoming full marathon I have the confidence and capability to run a great time & go after my dream: Boston 2018- making this dream into a reality.  Going after Greatness.   



 (Photo Credit Crazy Legs Classic)
                    (Photo Credit: Crazy Legs Classic)

No comments:

Post a Comment