Thursday, July 18, 2013

Summer Training 2013- Halfway Mark Recap

Well I'm halfway through my summer training, I am very pleased where I am at.  It started off building up mainly doing easy,cruise, little bit of hills, & tempo for the first 4 weeks. Once it got to late June to early part of July doing a lot more Cruise/Aerobic, fartlek, progressive, & tempo, increase those intensities a little bit week by week.  My max is 400 minutes- 100%.  Which is roughly between 60-70 miles.  My strength training is going well too for my first half of summer training, doing a lot of circuits, some weight lifting, mainly 2-3 times a week, feeling a lot stronger than I was last year.  With another 5 weeks of summer training to go before pigeon lake, hope to continue to keep improving and getting ready for an exciting upcoming fall XC season. 

No comments:

Post a Comment