Saturday, August 24, 2013

Last Half of Summer Training/Pigeon Lake

Well my last half of summer training is almost coming to an end.  I would have to say it's been a successful one.  Putting in solid mileage which I haven't done since last November.  My last half of strength training has been great, getting a lot stronger and faster.  Put in some good hard runs & tempo miles- manage to do 4 or 5 miles of it, hitting the pace that I wanted to hit, so I feel pretty good where I am at.  I'm pretty looking forward to my last time up in Pigeon Lake for Pre-Season training camp. It's a great way to start the season with a fun team bonding.  Doing canoe relay, frisbee, campfire, running & other fun stuff.  The good reason that we go to Pigeon Lake is because that we set goals & expectations for ourselves. For us we have high expectations, we have the talent, basically all of us have to contribute, if we do that, we can definitely have a great XC season. Hard to believe this will be my last time going up to Pigeon Lake, hope to end it with a bang & enjoy every minute of it. We leave on Tuesday August 27th & come back Saturday August 31st, it's going to be a great time.               

No comments:

Post a Comment