Thursday, October 30, 2014

WIAC XC Championships (Bros Addition)

It's that time of year, my favorite season and that is championship season- Step # 1.  Pioneer XC bros race at WIAC XC Championships hosted by UW La Crosse at Ettrick Golf Course in Ettrick, WI this Saturday November 1st.  Going to be a very tight race for the WIAC title as far as I can see.  You have 5 teams ranked nationally with my bros (UW-Platteville), La Crosse, Eau Claire, Stout & Oshkosh.  By what I have seen this season, my former teammates can still do some damage, we have 4 guys that can do most of the load- Ian LaMere who returns from injury, Sam Poser, Joel Walden and Matt Smaga, but the question is how are #5, #6, and #7 runners will respond?  That will be interesting to see, but I think the bros can respond very well after their performance at Drews a few weeks back.  I know they can be up there with other DIII national ranked teams, sometimes a team can have a off day, not having a good performance.  It's to the point where go back to the drawing board and correct it. I have to say we are right there, still going to be a tight one with us, Eau Claire & La Crosse in the mix, we will see how this will play out but I believe we will get it done.  I have a lot of faith in my guys and that they will start the XC championship season right.  Again, good luck bros/sons and give everything you got.  Focus on goals and eyes on the prize.

#GoAfterGreatness           

No comments:

Post a Comment